Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Gleason score is in

User
Posted 08 Nov 2016 at 23:25
Good evening

I go for my results tomorrow but just happened to be speaking on the phone to my GP today and he mentioned he had them sitting in front of him.

T3aN1MX

Left hand side 3+4 6 cores taken 30% cores affected - extensive peri neural spread, no lymphovascular or extra prostatic spread is seen

Right hand side 4+3 6 cores taken 75% affected - no lymphovascular or extra prostatic is seen but there is extensive peri neural and extra capsular peri neural spread

Diagnosis

T92000 prostate nos

M81403 adenocarcinoma nos

GA 425 malignant

Prostate biopsies - bilateral, extensive, invasive prostatic adenocarcinoma - maximum tumour length 8 mm

My GP gave me the print out of everything.

So, I'm off to the consultant fully informed to discuss treatment options.

I think the way in which I have been given my results is somewhat unconventional, but I'm glad my GP chatted them through with me before I Ho to see the consultant.

The only bit I'm not sure of is ISUP 2015 grade group 2. Anyone know what this means?

I'll let you all know what the hospital says tomorrow.

I don't think these results are great for a 46 year old.

Walter

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 02:11
Hi Walter,

Well at least you know the results now.

I have to say you have been given far more detailed information than I was given but I would have had to research it to check on the exact meaning of some of it. Hopefully this will be something the consultant will be able to explain to you.

They seem to be looking after you well and passing on the info very quickly.

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Steve

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 08:18

Hi Walter,

"ISUP 2015" is I understand a new grading system for prostate cancer, which tries to resolve some of the "irregularities" found using the Gleason score and help practitioners choosing the best treatment pathway.

There are 5 groups.....1 to 5, with Group 1 being potentially the least aggressive (equivalent to Gleason score 3+3), and 5, potentially being the most aggressive (equivalent to Gleason scores 9-10).

A Groups 2 and 3 cover a Gleason score of 7 (3+4, 4+3).

Hope that helps.

Flexi

User
Posted 09 Nov 2016 at 18:03

Walter I am so sorry to see this - sometimes it seems that PCa is much more aggressive in younger men. Once you know the plan it will seem a bit more manageable I hope

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard