I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Incontinence.....

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 16:59
Hi everyone, 3 weeks on from having the catheter removed after a RP......more or less dry at night but I do get woken up about 3 times with the 'need to go' and the process is pretty well under my control.....daytime is not so good as to be expected at this early stage....doing PFEs 4 times a day but the one thing I have noticed is that I seem to 'flood' a little every time I stand up from a sitting position.....is this normal....?.....I still have the lymphocele consideration to be looked at again....if it is still there then I am wondering if it is interfering with my bladder when things get a bit squashed up, as in sitting......any experiences would be helpful.....thanks, Paul....
User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 19:29
Paul

I was dry pretty soon after my original op and catheter removal. Getting up from sitting and leaking was a fairly common occurrence, trying to get the balance of going to the loo before leaking and not going just in case is what I managed to master.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 22:28
Hi Paul

Like Chris says I think that the problem when standing up is pretty normal. I found that I did the standing up bit in two stages which enabled me to control this bit by bit. It all just takes time but you will get there.

All the best

Kevan