I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

5 weeks in

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 12:44

I have been diagnosed around 5 weeks ago, since then i cannot say anything but thanks to all the staff who are looking after me here in Staffordshire , my gleeson score is 9 my t score 4, my PSA? was recently measured at 234, its all been a roller coaster ride, never felt unwell prior to all this, had my first Chemo last week, felt ok upto to day, now feel rough to say the least, got more tablets to take everyday, more blood tests to have, and more injections to look forward to, but overall the most important thing i have is a caring loving wife and kids, who are going through this with me, and thats not easy for them either.

My second chemo is due shortly, and I know that there are many people out there who are in a worse diagnosis than myself, but oh am i scared!!! so to everyone who is going through all this stay strong and we will beat it.

User
Posted 05 Feb 2017 at 15:51

Hello baldyman and welcome to the site.

You are obviously a positive person and that will definitely help you as your treatment progresses.

Chemo does sometimes catch up on you. Is it the side effects you are scared of or the worry that it might not work?

Yes there are men on here with higher scores than yours but we are all unique in exactly how PC affects us or how the treatments works for us, and each man is important to his family.

Your scores, your treatment and how you deal with it all can be a great help to the next person who joins and is terrified of what life has thrown at him so you are also important to us as well.

Please keep posting your experiences. You know by now that if you have questions you need only ask and somebody is likely to be able to advise you.

We wives do our best to help and we do go through it with you, as you say.

Keep up that positivity if you can, but don't be downhearted if at some stage it all gets a bit much. Come and have a rant and you'll feel much better !!

Best wishes to you and yours

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails