I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Thank you.

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 11:25
I posted on here a little while ago about my dad's PCa and him going through an open radical prostatectomy. His catheter is now out and although it's a slow process, he's recovering. His first appointment with his consultant post surgery is in a couple of weeks time, then we will know more about whether the PCa was contained, etc, etc.

I just want to say thank you to every person on here whether you responded to my questions when I was worrying about my dad or not. That doesn't matter. By sharing a little bit of you on this forum, you have allowed me to read your posts (often balling like a baby) and realise that my dad is not alone.

You have absolutely no idea how much you all have helped me. I feel very privileged to have been able to read about your experiences. Your personal accounts, advice and kind words have helped me understand so much, not just about PCa as a disease but also how PCa has affected my dad emotionally. I believe that all of you have helped me support my dad in the best possible way.

Having my dad diagnosed with PCa has shaken our family. And we are all still shocked. And even though we do not have histology reports yet, we know that dad is fortunate. He is a fit 58 year old and he is recovering from his operation.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. You are all wonderful human beings.

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 11:25
I posted on here a little while ago about my dad's PCa and him going through an open radical prostatectomy. His catheter is now out and although it's a slow process, he's recovering. His first appointment with his consultant post surgery is in a couple of weeks time, then we will know more about whether the PCa was contained, etc, etc.

I just want to say thank you to every person on here whether you responded to my questions when I was worrying about my dad or not. That doesn't matter. By sharing a little bit of you on this forum, you have allowed me to read your posts (often balling like a baby) and realise that my dad is not alone.

You have absolutely no idea how much you all have helped me. I feel very privileged to have been able to read about your experiences. Your personal accounts, advice and kind words have helped me understand so much, not just about PCa as a disease but also how PCa has affected my dad emotionally. I believe that all of you have helped me support my dad in the best possible way.

Having my dad diagnosed with PCa has shaken our family. And we are all still shocked. And even though we do not have histology reports yet, we know that dad is fortunate. He is a fit 58 year old and he is recovering from his operation.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. You are all wonderful human beings.

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 12:02

What a lovely post to share. Not sure if I helped you , but yes this forum is a life saver for all involved. Best wishes on s speedy recovery for your dad and good results soon !
Chris

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 12:04

Dear Bluebell...so pleased that your dad is getting better. My initial statistics were similar to your dad's but age when diagnosed seems to be an important factor when deciding on an appropriate course of treatment. RP is a more serious procedure for men of my age (I was 73 on Feb 11th) and was offered, and agreed to, LDR Brachytherapy. Please access my Profile for more details.

I sincerely hope we hear from you again with further news of your fathers progress. More technical data regarding pathology report would be very useful not only for me but to others on this forum

Best wishes

Tom 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 12:02

What a lovely post to share. Not sure if I helped you , but yes this forum is a life saver for all involved. Best wishes on s speedy recovery for your dad and good results soon !
Chris

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 12:04

Dear Bluebell...so pleased that your dad is getting better. My initial statistics were similar to your dad's but age when diagnosed seems to be an important factor when deciding on an appropriate course of treatment. RP is a more serious procedure for men of my age (I was 73 on Feb 11th) and was offered, and agreed to, LDR Brachytherapy. Please access my Profile for more details.

I sincerely hope we hear from you again with further news of your fathers progress. More technical data regarding pathology report would be very useful not only for me but to others on this forum

Best wishes

Tom 

User
Posted 09 Mar 2017 at 17:36

Chris - you definitely helped!

Tom - Thank you. I will definitely update regarding my dad's progress.