Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Lutetium177

User
Posted 11 May 2017 at 09:19

Hi everyone

Not sure if this a treatment used in UK, it definitely is in Germany and seems to becoming more popular in Australia. It is not used yet in NZ, But it is possible that I may be travelling to Australia for treatment.

Does anyone have any experience of this treatment? Studies I have seen are extremely positive for those with mCRPC, however it is very early days and there may be for example longer term toxicity issues.

If people are not aware of this nuclear therapy, this seems to be a very good overview:

http://www.afr.com/lifestyle/health/nuclear-medicine-could-be-a-game-changer-for-advanced-prostate-cancer-20160926-grocv4

Appreciate any thoughts you may have

Best wishes to all

"And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch. And I'll be better, I'll be better doc as soon as I am able"
User
Posted 11 May 2017 at 12:43

I have updated my stats page. In brief Enzo has brought PSA and Alk Phos right down and steady over last few months, still a bit high though.
Testosterone was staying a bit high at 1.7, so increased frequency of Luprin Depot to 10 weeks from quarterly. Now down to 0.4.
Have had 2 sessions of Protonbeam Radiation Therapy. First to lumbrosacral spine and then to cervical spine C3-C7.
Seems to have had some success and only real side effects was tiredness and terrible claustrophobia from the mask and tie down for the C spine.
Latest scans show increase in tumours in pelvic bones from Feb scans.

Martin

Edited by member 11 May 2017 at 13:08  | Reason: Not specified

"And Rocky said, doc it's only a scratch. And I'll be better, I'll be better doc as soon as I am able"