I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

locally advanced or not

User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 16:43

Hi everyone diagnosed in Dec 2013 PSA 7.4 t2c gleason 3+4=7 surgery April 2014 (failed) Radiotherapy 20 sessions May 2015 again (failed) started on Cosadex one month then Prostap 3 April 2016 PSA since then 0.07, 0.06 0.07 and now after a bad bout of Sciatica and lower back and top leg pains my latest PSA requested by my GP is 0.22 my next blood test in Aug 2017 for my app with Consultant Oncologist, will it still be localised or advanced.

User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 20:04

Hello Wando

I'm hoping that one of those who have travelled your route will respond to you but my own reaction is to ask whether it's possible that the 0.22 is as a result of the pain and stress of the sciatica.

When was your last MRI scan?

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 21:18
Hi

My husband had a similar route to you but he was on bicalutamide plus prostap, you can see his profile the PSA readings steadily climbed but it wasn't until he had a reading of2.5 when it was diagnosed as advanced, it was monitored by annual scans and three monthly PSA blood tests. Once it had reached 6 it was deemed be castrate resistant and therefore aberaterone was considered but after his medical background enzalutamide was administered.

Hope that helps

User
Posted 24 Jun 2017 at 21:48

Just to say if my memory serves me correctly my last MRI scan was after radiotherapy and when my PSA reached 9.2 , so before i started HT, but sadly my memory is dwindling fast, hope your theory that it could be connected to the sciatica is the course , but i am getting a different intermitant pains in lower back and top of right leg. so it is another leg of this journey.

User
Posted 25 Jun 2017 at 02:30

Increasing PSA in your case gives concern that some cancer cells have escaped/survived both main treatments. These could be in one or more clusters or more finely distributed. It is most unfortunate that the HT doesn't appear to be effective also. Scans will not always show how far the cancer cells have spread, particularly with such low figures. Sometimes a Hormone Treatment of one sort is supplemented by another, Casodex being an example, as it works in a different way. But with no prostate and the RT not effective, it would seem that further systemic treatment will be required at some point.

Barry