I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Unexpected bonus

User
Posted 02 Aug 2017 at 08:16
My husband had an appointment yesterday fully expecting to go on aberaterone or even chemotherapy. After a brief chat he asked what his PSA was and to his consultants surprise it had dropped from7.2 to 5.3 despite him not taking any drugs for the past fortnight. So he is having a four week break from any treatment except steroids. Maybe the enzalutamide gave his body a jolt but the downward trend in encouraging and his consultant seemed to think that if the PSA rises then he wil still be entitled to abiraterone so there is hope for him . We came away confounded but happy just to have a break from the drugs will be a bonus but we still need to get his blood pressure under control for the abiraterone now to make an appointment with his g.p. Which is more diy than making the next appointment with the oncologist.
User
Posted 02 Aug 2017 at 21:10

I hope that this is good news for you bluey but do keep in the back of your mind that sometimes prostate cancer produces less PSA as it becomes more aggressive - don't let that drug holiday go on for too long.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 03 Aug 2017 at 08:17
Thanks for the heads up, definitely a four week limit and the hopefully abiraterone if he is well enough to tolerate it.