I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

vegan egg

User
Posted 23 Sep 2017 at 11:28

hi,just been reading the news and read there are vegan eggs on the way,i havent had an egg since been dx in 2014,just wandering if they will be ok for us with pc anythoughts on this anyone.

User
Posted 23 Sep 2017 at 15:53

Where on earth did you get the idea that eating wholesome British eggs can be anything other than healthy, whether you have PCa or not? As for vegan eggs, that is as stupid as eating mashed up soya and thinking it is anything like as good as meat. Avoid fads, radar. Just concentrate on a normal balanced diet. Eating isn't just a matter of consuming the right stuff. It should also be a pleasure!

Yours in bigotry

AC (and the fact that I live close to one of the biggest egg farms in the country is nothing to do with it!)

User
Posted 23 Sep 2017 at 17:10

They featured in today's Mail and appear to be made from a base of "unspecified legumes - possibly soya beans, plus vegetable oils, a gelling agent and a type of salt which mimics the taste of an egg"

The yolk is described as a vivid yellow but doesn't say what, if any, colouring has been added.

They only mimic hard boiled eggs though.

Think I'd rather eat what comes out of a chicken's bottom, but then that's probably why vegans avoid them!!

Eggs are at least a part of nature not something manufactured in a laboratory

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 25 Sep 2017 at 18:24

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8WwSUcUPE