I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Transperineal biopsy not too bad

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 11:47

Hi just wanted to post something that might be helpful to any any men on here who, (like I was) are worried about having to have a biopsy done to them.

I had a transperineal biopsy done to me yesterday afternoon under a local anaesthetic and it really was not too bad.

I'm not gonna lie to you it's not a very nice thing to have to have done to you as you can imagine but it really wasn't too bad.

The worse thing in terms of the pain was having the local anesthetic needles stuck into me at the beginning but having the biopsies taken was relatively pain free and as someone on here said felt like being flicked by an elastic band accompanied by a clicking noise.

Later I was dreading there to be lots of blood and lots of pain as the local anaesthetic wore off but as I type this now about 20 hours later I can honestly say that there is none and my pee is running clear without any blood in it. In fact I have not even felt the need to take even just one paracetamol tablet and other than a very small amount of blood at the start of the first two wees I did about half an hour after it was all over I have had no blood in my wee since which I am really quite surprised about.

I hope this reassures any men on here who like I was are dreading even the thought of having to have it done to them.

It really wasn't a very nice thing to have done admittedly and I hope I never have to have another one done, (who would) but based on my own experience alone I can honestly say it's been nowhere near as bad as I was dreading or worrying about.

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 11:47

Hi just wanted to post something that might be helpful to any any men on here who, (like I was) are worried about having to have a biopsy done to them.

I had a transperineal biopsy done to me yesterday afternoon under a local anaesthetic and it really was not too bad.

I'm not gonna lie to you it's not a very nice thing to have to have done to you as you can imagine but it really wasn't too bad.

The worse thing in terms of the pain was having the local anesthetic needles stuck into me at the beginning but having the biopsies taken was relatively pain free and as someone on here said felt like being flicked by an elastic band accompanied by a clicking noise.

Later I was dreading there to be lots of blood and lots of pain as the local anaesthetic wore off but as I type this now about 20 hours later I can honestly say that there is none and my pee is running clear without any blood in it. In fact I have not even felt the need to take even just one paracetamol tablet and other than a very small amount of blood at the start of the first two wees I did about half an hour after it was all over I have had no blood in my wee since which I am really quite surprised about.

I hope this reassures any men on here who like I was are dreading even the thought of having to have it done to them.

It really wasn't a very nice thing to have done admittedly and I hope I never have to have another one done, (who would) but based on my own experience alone I can honestly say it's been nowhere near as bad as I was dreading or worrying about.

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 16:58
It's good of you to think of reassuring others Lazarus.

Thanks for the update

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 19:18

It was even easier for me, I had a general anaesthetic and slept all the way through in blissful ignorance.

The only down side was that I had to convince them I could pee before I could go home.

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 19:48
With a transperineal biopsy the procedure is usually done under general anesthetic which clearly was not the case with you. Sometimes it is done under an epidural pain block which it would seem was what you had. It is important that the patient remains perfectly still and the patient's legs are splayed apart and held in a a contraption well above the reclined body.

It is interesting that further developments in the way transperineal biopsies are given are being developed labeled as Robotic procedures as detailed here - seems the Ausses are ahead again in this area. https://aua.com.au/robotic-trans-perineal-biopsies-lead-way/

Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 16:58
It's good of you to think of reassuring others Lazarus.

Thanks for the update

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 19:18

It was even easier for me, I had a general anaesthetic and slept all the way through in blissful ignorance.

The only down side was that I had to convince them I could pee before I could go home.

User
Posted 06 Jun 2018 at 19:48
With a transperineal biopsy the procedure is usually done under general anesthetic which clearly was not the case with you. Sometimes it is done under an epidural pain block which it would seem was what you had. It is important that the patient remains perfectly still and the patient's legs are splayed apart and held in a a contraption well above the reclined body.

It is interesting that further developments in the way transperineal biopsies are given are being developed labeled as Robotic procedures as detailed here - seems the Ausses are ahead again in this area. https://aua.com.au/robotic-trans-perineal-biopsies-lead-way/

Barry