I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New member post

User
Posted 25 Jun 2018 at 11:24

Hi all I have recently been diagnosed with T2 cancer in prostate I have since March 2016 been treated for T3  bladder cancer  I was given a total of 22  BCG treatments. During a routine check in my bladder they also found a large tumour in my left ureter. Following a CT scan the cancer in the prostate was discovered.

Following surgery to remove the tumour in the ureter biopsies were taken from the bladder and left kidney. I am awaiting a decision what the course of treatment will be given.I will be interested what I am likely to receive and particularly what to expect with the cancer in prostate ie symptoms pains etc I am already having uncomfortable pains in my lower back and urinating can be uncomfortable.

I am 69 active and I don't smoke or drink I worked all of 45 years with no serious illnesses until July 2015 when I was diagnosed with tumours in bladder the same month I had a mycordia infarction and had three stents inserted in main arteries. I have had no problems with my heart since and it has not inhibited me in my activities I am on medication for my heart and likely to be for ever.

I look forward to your replies thanking you.

John

User
Posted 25 Jun 2018 at 21:55

Welcome John. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I had T2B Pca as well with a Gleason score of 7 (4+3) and had 6 months Hormone Therapy and 20 sessions of External Beam Radio Therapy.

But I didn't have the secondary issues you have so it would be wrong to give you advice. It might be worth running your issues past the nurses who are available on this site.

All the very best and keep in touch.

User
Posted 26 Jun 2018 at 18:07
John, if that is your real name, don't use it on here! Pseudonyms are far safer.

I have been through both PCa and bladder cancer, see my biog. You may experience no symptoms at all with your PCa or you may have urination issues, blood in semen and so on. You can research the possibilities on the PCUK site or talk to the nurses. It would be unwise for any of us to guess at whether the symptoms you mention are connected with the bladder cancer or PCa. Your oncologist will advise you.

A word of warning, though - as I have found to my cost, bladder cancer is persistent and recurrence, even after six years in my case, is an ever present risk. This cancer is likely to be the one to worry about more.

Good Luck

AC

User
Posted 26 Jun 2018 at 23:39

Hi John, 

Sorry to read your illnesses. With a T2 lesion you could get a good result.  Although every case is different and they will assess the vigour of the lesion and give it a Gleason score between 6 and 10, with 6 being best.  Most people ask for it to be added to your profile on here as it's quite useful.

As you've no doubt read, the standard treatments for Prostate Cancer are an operation to remove it, hormones to reduce testosterone which reduces the size of the prostate and tumour often followed by radiotherapy.  There are a lot of different hormone type treatments. There is also brachytherapy which could be an option.   Reading your post it could be that the operation won't be offered due to health problems, the stent, although I can't say that.  But the operation is performed with a tilt position that stresses the heart apparently. 

With a T2 lesion you should only be getting symptoms that could make you rush to the loo or have difficulty passing urine.  It can depend how big your prostate and the lesion is.  People often advise that you download the toolkit from this website.

They,re my thoughts anyway, if they're of any help.  I'm just a patient and it's from reading and your existing other conditions could influence things.

Good luck

Peter

Edited by member 26 Jun 2018 at 23:40  | Reason: Not specified