I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pathology report

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 21:10

Hello everyone , when my biopsy confirmed pc the first thing I asked (like everyone else I suppose) was what's the chance of a cure.

I was told  80 to 90% as the biopsy put me at Gleason 6 . So had rad pros (keyhole surgery).got called back in for removal of catheter

And at the same time was told of my pathology report , Gleason 7  3+4 focally positive margins extra prostatic extension perineural invasion ,

High grade Pin , everything else ok no lymth node or other invasion .I was more gutted to hear this than my diagnosis of cancer. Offered clinical trial

But declined , I thought to hell with it I've done enough. Sweating on my first PSA test , undetectable 0.05 . That was 6 years ago still at 0.05 .

Now tested annually . Am posting this to encouarge anyone else in the same situation I was in. PS please see my profile for stage and my 

Age as I have not repeated everything here.

User
Posted 01 Jul 2018 at 22:55

Well said.  I found that encouraging.  What was the clinical trial?

User
Posted 05 Jul 2018 at 09:27
Pete the trial offered was 3 separate extra treatments , watchfully waiting , radiotherapy , radiotherapy combined with 6 months hormone treatment , but I couldn't choose which one , didn't fancy that idea.
User
Posted 05 Jul 2018 at 09:37
Is that a less than 0.05 or an actual 0.05??
User
Posted 07 Jul 2018 at 23:22

Francij1  probably less m/c used for PSA test cannot go below 0.05 urology nurse tells me I have no detectable PSA ,that's the best answer I can give ,cheers.