I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hormone, HDR Brachytherapy then Radiotherapy - Advice

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 19:22

Hi all, I’m currently on hormone therapy (Bicalutamide) and due to have HDR Brachytherapy on the 8th August, followed by 3 weeks of radiotherapy 2 weeks after that. Have any of you been through this treatment before and do you have any tips / advice?

User
Posted 02 Jul 2018 at 20:59
Hello Ahardwidge and welcome to the site.

We do have members with the experience you need and I'm sure somebody will be along to advise you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 04 Jul 2018 at 21:47

Hi my oh had HD Brachy and radiotherapy finished February this year he's same age as you gleason9 t3b if you click on my avatars it will give you a rundown of his journey any thing else you need to know just message I'll answer your questions where I can.

Jo.

User
Posted 05 Jul 2018 at 21:52

Hi. I am Gleason 4:5 T2c

My oncologists gave me  A choice between 20 fractions of external beam radiotherapy or HDR Brachytherapy,  but said I would also have to have 20 fractions of external beam radiotherapy afterwards.  So I am thinking why would I put myself through HDR Brachytherapy?

I have just returned from an oncology open evening at my local teaching hospital where I was shown all of the machines used to treat prostate cancer and experienced radiologist told me that modern external beam radiotherapy  Using VMAT with an ultrasound probe  was as  successful at treating prostate cancer as HDR Brachytherapy.  This was information from Bristol haematology and oncology Centre so I accept their advice you may get different advice from your centre.