Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

House Rules, Terms and Conditions, Contacting the moderators

User
Posted 20 Aug 2018 at 11:30

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post a reminder from the moderators about the house rules https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-support/our-online-community/using-the-online-community/ and terms and conditions https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-support/using-the-online-community/terms-and-conditions for the online community, that each member agrees to abide by when you sign up for an account.

The purpose of our online community is to provide a welcoming and supporting place where people can share information and support each other through personal experiences of prostate cancer and prostate problems.

The online community should not be used for gathering information for surveys, research studies, finding a source to interview for a news story, or similar efforts, unless prior permission has been given by Prostate Cancer UK.

Contacting the moderators
If you see a message on the community or receive a private message that you are concerned about please tell us by emailing your concerns to: onlinecommunity@prostatecanceruk.org.

Every post has a report facility on it so you can report a message you have concerns about and the moderation team will be notified and can then take appropriate action.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK

Edited by member 09 Apr 2019 at 10:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Mar 2021 at 19:57

Hi Carol, 

I joined today - after fighting the user interface - and was impressed by the tone and focus of the contributions I read.  This must be a result of your care and control,  as well as the innate good sense of the community. 

After my reading in the advanced treatment area I posted an item about press coverage of Vaccitech's new treatment for prostate cancer,  followed by some personal reactions to my disease progress.

There has been no sign of that post. 

At first I thought moderation was in-train, but I gather posts are only moderated afterwards on request. I now wonder whether you have read my post as a puff from the company concerned.  If so, let me now tell you that is not the case. I read about it in the FT, although it has been widely reported elsewhere. It seems to offer another approach to castration-resistant treatment which warrants discussion, at least.  I shall be discussing it with my oncologist on 23rd of this month,  but thought others might already have done so. 

What do I need to do to comply with your regulations? 

User
Posted 20 Mar 2021 at 00:29

Hi James, all new threads are held until a moderator has checked them - sometimes it takes quite a long time so your post might still appear later tonight or tomorrow.

I suspect though that you will be disappointed; the trial was only in its early phases and was probably shelved so that they could concentrate on finding a COVID vaccine - it is the same company.

Edited by member 20 Mar 2021 at 00:39  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 20 Mar 2021 at 13:19
Thanks, Guys. In the meantime I'll look around the site. I don't find it easy to use, so need to wallow a bit.
User
Posted 20 Apr 2021 at 12:57

I have a question for the Moderators.   What is our policy on discussing assisted suicide? 

I can see an argument that this is a political issue, rather than one specific to prostate or any cancer, and is not appropriate for PCUK. 

What's the word? 

User
Posted 20 Apr 2021 at 14:44

Hi James,

If you wish to start a conversation around the topic of assisted suicide you are welcome to do so on the community. Other members may choose not to engage with the conversation if they feel the subject matter is not appropriate for discussion.

Other organisations such as Dying matters (https://www.dyingmatters.org/) or Compassion in dying (https://compassionindying.org.uk/) may be better suited to have discussions about assisted suicide or be able to provide further support and information.

Best wishes,
Carol

Digital Manager
Prostate Cancer UK