Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

when do you know its right to return to work

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 12:27

Hi All

Advice needed and i know everyone is different when it comes to recovery.

general question about returning to work which involves driving and physical lifting/carrying of 10kgs or more short distances?

3 months in after surgery, is it to soon??

Yes, pain still present in left hand side mainly after robotic radical prostatectomy. taking CBD oil and nurofen to help, which it does to a certain degree, but is it given me false hope that everything is ok?

starting to feel guilty as part of me thinks i can do that?

any advice accepted

andy

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 15:52
Hi Andy,

Sorry you are in discomfort after your operation. I have been lucky in that I have had virtually no pain since my op.

I think, and this is Dr Bollinge’s deduction, that if the surgery scars on your abdomen have not completely healed, then it’s logical to think that your internal surgery wounds are not yet completely healed either.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 16:31
Andy, that three months after surgery you should still be in pain, I find worrying. I think you should talk to your surgeon, so that you can junk the painkillers on his/her advice asap. I hope the surgeon would want some evidence from a scan on what may have gone wrong internally.

AC

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 16:42
I’m 3 1/2 yrs post op and have never had a pain free day in my abdominal belt since. It hurts like hell in the morning when I need a wee or poo. They deny responsibility but my GP says it’s adhesions where things stuck together. I’ve just got used to it I guess. But seriously I think your own body lets you know when you are ok. Just don’t push it or yourself
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 15:52
Hi Andy,

Sorry you are in discomfort after your operation. I have been lucky in that I have had virtually no pain since my op.

I think, and this is Dr Bollinge’s deduction, that if the surgery scars on your abdomen have not completely healed, then it’s logical to think that your internal surgery wounds are not yet completely healed either.

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 16:31
Andy, that three months after surgery you should still be in pain, I find worrying. I think you should talk to your surgeon, so that you can junk the painkillers on his/her advice asap. I hope the surgeon would want some evidence from a scan on what may have gone wrong internally.

AC

User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 16:42
I’m 3 1/2 yrs post op and have never had a pain free day in my abdominal belt since. It hurts like hell in the morning when I need a wee or poo. They deny responsibility but my GP says it’s adhesions where things stuck together. I’ve just got used to it I guess. But seriously I think your own body lets you know when you are ok. Just don’t push it or yourself
User
Posted 30 Oct 2018 at 17:00
Hi All

i have been told its the "sutures healing"

to me its like someones twisting my left hand side!

mind you my surgeon did say that the left is where everything gets pulled over to, so that they can get at the prostate, nice thought that!!

User
Posted 31 Oct 2018 at 02:13

Twelve weeks post-op you should be all healed, inside and outside but you could phone your urology nurse (if you have one) or the physios at the hospital where you had the op.

Can you return to work on limited duties? ie driving but not lifting? or driving but using a mechanical lift / trolley?

Edited by member 31 Oct 2018 at 02:15  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard