I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Over a year to get treatment

User
Posted 19 Apr 2019 at 15:44

It’s been over a year since my PSA test & I don’t start radio therapy till June 2019 

Gleason was 7 & I’ve had MRI, Biopsy, bone scan & started hormones

so it’s taken a year & still not been treated my PSA was 7.4 

User
Posted 19 Apr 2019 at 17:00

Hormone therapy is treatment in itself, the idea is to shrink the cancer so they can aim the ray-gun at a smaller target.

What is your PSA currently?

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 19 Apr 2019 at 17:02  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Apr 2019 at 18:07

Hi Mike, You had an MRI in April template biopsy in October and a Bone Scan in December last year.  They think it's contained, with a Gleason of 7.  They've started treatment with hormones. Although we don't know why you haven't been offered an operation.

We read of there being slower treatment due to more patients finding Prostate Cancer because of publicity from 2 well known people who had it.  Although it could be your hospital is understaffed or there is something about your case that is more complex.   

You have the option of going somewhere else. Although without knowing more details it wouldn't be right to even suggest it.

User
Posted 19 Apr 2019 at 23:20
When they asked you to choose between TRUS and template biopsy, did they warn you that choosing template would cause such a delay? Seems rather poor practice if not.

Your treatment has started now though; the cancer is being starved.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard