I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Xtandi or Zytiga or Radiium 223

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 09:21

Anyone out there with experience of treatment with Enzalutamide ( Xtandi) or Abiritone ( Zytiga) as Oncologist has suggested  my husband might benefit from either of these as PSA levels have continued to rise so it seems that Bicalutamide and Prostap not effective. 

User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 10:59
Checkout IRUN s profile if you want an example of how well someone can be on abiraterone.
User
Posted 01 May 2019 at 19:49
Hi
My husband had Abiritone as part of a trial last year. Worked well for 4 months then liver functions went wild, ALT kept climbing, over a thousand (required hospital admission) but did come down eventually without further treatment. PSA had been responding well. As this was part of a trial he was then able to go onto Enzulutamide which he is now on - 5 months now. Both treatments seemed to work and he has been incredibly well with both.
User
Posted 02 May 2019 at 09:46

My husband is on Enzalutimide (chosen over abi as it needs less monitoring and we have an oncology staff crisis here) and he’s done well, he’s late stage so we are delighted. He has had sepsis this week and has been taken off, but we’ve been told today he can restart after seeing the oncologist in a week or so, once he’s well enough to start walking around. I think it’s a great drug, though not everyone reacts well to it. 

Good luck

Love Devonmaid 

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 17:14

Thank you. We have just decided today to try Enzalutamide so we'll see how it goes. 

Good Luck to your husband.

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 17:17

Thank you for your reply. That sounds encouraging. we have decided to start Enzalutamide when it can be organised.

Hope all continues to go well for your husband.

User
Posted 03 May 2019 at 17:19

thank you for your reply. Just decided today to start Enzalutamide so we'll see how that goes.