Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

sugar 400 mg/dl

User
Posted 04 May 2019 at 08:14

Dear All,

Please help me My father Blood sugar increasing day by day . He is suffering from type 2 diabetic current sugar (400mg/dl) . Cancer medicine and other nerves medicine can spike blood sugar level.

User
Posted 04 May 2019 at 10:26

If I converted correctly to the units we use here, that's 22.2mmol/L.

This level would normally be considered too high and needs attention, so go and get seen by his doctor. He might be prescribed metformin, but I don't know over what range that is effective.

By the way, blood glucose readings are usually only useful if you also give how long ago the person last eat a meal, although this level is too high in all circumstances.

For people on a palliative care path, care givers will often let blood sugar get way higher than normal, depending on the level and how long the person has left, because they aren't going to live long enough for the high sugar to do them harm, and diabetics get to eat all sorts of things they haven't been allowed to for decades, but I've no idea what levels and length of time they consider OK for this.

However, like I said before when you brought up blood sugar levels, this isn't a diabetes forum, few people here will have detailed knowledge of it (mine is limited), and if I have given you wrong advice, it could be that no one else flags it up.

User
Posted 04 May 2019 at 10:43
Bose, when you first joined you said you were a pharmacist.

Why don't you know about blood sugar levels?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 08 May 2019 at 08:47
Dear LynEyre,

thanks for your reply .

I am working as a Accountant not pharmacist . Now my father is taking insulin (25 mg) . But sugar is not coming down what should i do i already consulted with diabetic doctor . he told me that instead of taking 16 mg you have to increase upto 25 mg dose . I am afraid why sugar is not coming down . sugar medicine is not working . Please help.

Regards,

Bose

User
Posted 15 May 2019 at 13:06

Dear Andy,

Thanks for your quick response

Regards,

Bose

User
Posted 15 May 2019 at 13:07

Dear Heenan73,

Thanks for your quick response.