I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

71 year old dad got pain due to prostate cancer

User
Posted 19 May 2019 at 12:11

Hello every one my dad 72 year old got prostate cancer. We find it out 2 year ago.he did operation than he was good for one year PSA from 250 come down to 12.but now his psa again 150 and got pain in shoulder and legs.any suggestion for pain and to refuse the PSA.plzzzzzz

User
Posted 19 May 2019 at 14:05
Has your dad been on hormone therapy?

You need scans to see if pain is related to PCa.

Ray

User
Posted 19 May 2019 at 17:10
If his PSA is 150 again he may well have bone mets, which can cause pain. He needs to see his oncologist who will probably arrange a bone scan to find out what's going on. Radiotherapy can be used to shrink mets and reduce pain. The key thing, though, is that he needs an oncology appointment urgently!

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 26 May 2019 at 14:42

Thanks....he getting tablet instead of injection but he slept most of the time ....any body know why and what is good to do ....

User
Posted 26 May 2019 at 14:44

Thanks...yes he affects is bones as well doctor give him some tablets instead of injection...but he slept most of the time....

User
Posted 26 May 2019 at 14:53
I told you what's good to do in my initial reply: make an appointment with the oncologist and discuss the matter with him. Radiotherapy can be a highly effective treatment for reducing pain from bone mets, but your dad's oncologist is the only one who can help.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 26 May 2019 at 15:00

If you were in the UK your dad would not behaving just tablets - they would also be g8ving him injections to stop the production of testosterone. I understand that in Pakistan the injections can be very expensive and men may choose to have their testicles removed instead.

What was the operation he had - does your dad still have testicles?

Edited by member 26 May 2019 at 15:01  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 May 2019 at 15:06

Thanks he did operation for that