I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just worried about chemotherapy

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 11:36

My husband has just been given the option of Radiotherapy with hormone injection ,Clinical trial,  and has suggested Chemotherapy followed by the Radiotherapy and hormone injections His Gleason score is 9 with T3b and stage 4 Cancer,He was advised the have the Chemotherapy to clear any cancer cells in his blood stream,We are not sure about what to do as he is frightened of the side affects of the Chemotherapy,such as fatigue working and hair loss,Can anyone help. Please❤️

ti

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 13:32
My husband had Chemo 2 years ago but his cancer had spread to bones and lymph nodes. He worked most days and that included commuting into London by train. He was offered cold cap as it was suggested it would help in not losing hair. It probably did thin but not that noticeable.
User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 15:29

Had my first cycle of chemo yesterday, I was fine and still no real problems day after. Go in positive as its not that bad,I had the cold cap to preserve hair on head and that was worse that any chemo drug!

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 21:59

It’s a minefield regarding working during chemo due to the infection risk, can hubby work from home if he feels ok? Many men here have worked but you have to be careful of the infection risk so take it into account.  

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 13:32
My husband had Chemo 2 years ago but his cancer had spread to bones and lymph nodes. He worked most days and that included commuting into London by train. He was offered cold cap as it was suggested it would help in not losing hair. It probably did thin but not that noticeable.
User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 15:29

Had my first cycle of chemo yesterday, I was fine and still no real problems day after. Go in positive as its not that bad,I had the cold cap to preserve hair on head and that was worse that any chemo drug!

User
Posted 28 Jun 2019 at 21:59

It’s a minefield regarding working during chemo due to the infection risk, can hubby work from home if he feels ok? Many men here have worked but you have to be careful of the infection risk so take it into account.  

Lots of love

Devonmaid xxx