I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

TULSA-PRO V HIFU

User
Posted 30 Jul 2019 at 02:49

There have been studies in several facilities in Germany on TULSA-PRO, an ablative treatment for Prostate cancer which looks like being an improvement on HIFU.  The spoken narration in this link is in German but the printed notes that accompany it are in English :-https://www.altaklinik.com/

A more detailed comparison is made in this link along with slides from Heidelberg University Hospital and the DKFZ:- http://www.profoundmedical.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Phase1ResultsPresentationFUS_London2015_pdf.pdf

It will be interesting to see if leads to a greater uptake of ablative treatment for suitable patients.

Edited by moderator 06 Jul 2023 at 10:29  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 30 Jul 2019 at 02:49

There have been studies in several facilities in Germany on TULSA-PRO, an ablative treatment for Prostate cancer which looks like being an improvement on HIFU.  The spoken narration in this link is in German but the printed notes that accompany it are in English :-https://www.altaklinik.com/

A more detailed comparison is made in this link along with slides from Heidelberg University Hospital and the DKFZ:- http://www.profoundmedical.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Phase1ResultsPresentationFUS_London2015_pdf.pdf

It will be interesting to see if leads to a greater uptake of ablative treatment for suitable patients.

Edited by moderator 06 Jul 2023 at 10:29  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 03 Nov 2022 at 15:18
Unfortunately, George 68 has not responded so we don't know whether he proceeded with Tulsa Pro and if so where he had it. It's po possible that there is a lack of take up on this form of treatment pending assessment over longer time. Prof M E at UCLH is on record as saying they tend to work with the type of Focal therapy they are comfortable and familiar with (which doesn't appear to be Tulsa-Pro as yet), UCLH being the leading hospital for Focal Therapy. However, interestingly they are now doing Irreversible Electroporation (Nanoknife) of which treatment they did a pilot study for a few years back so Tulsa-Pro may be introduced when there has been more reports on it from the few places abroad where it has been used, largely in trials.
Barry
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 27 Oct 2020 at 18:18

Thanks Barry that's very interesting.  I looked up Tulsa-Pro and I investigate further.  Thank you for taking the time to reply.  Best wishes,

Kenny

User
Posted 07 Feb 2022 at 21:38

Hi All,

I'm recently diagnosed with 3+4 and PI localised, urologist gave me the normal option I'm sure we are all familiar with, I also researched Tulsa, and have decided after discussing with  the family it's my favoured option, I know it's in it's infancy and there seems little feedback from people who have gone through it, however the process seems the same as HIFU apart from the entry and ablation point, I have started the procedure and expect an appointment for treatment in the next 6 weeks, I will keep you updated, hopefully this will have a positive outcome and other can benefit.

George

User
Posted 08 Feb 2022 at 02:36
Very interesting that you are intending to have Tulsa-Pro and appreciate details of your experience in due course. If you are happy to tell us where you were assessed as being suitable for this treatment and where it will be administered, that will also be useful to know.

Barry
User
Posted 01 Nov 2022 at 17:40

Did you manage to find any more information on Tulsa in the uk

User
Posted 03 Nov 2022 at 15:18
Unfortunately, George 68 has not responded so we don't know whether he proceeded with Tulsa Pro and if so where he had it. It's po possible that there is a lack of take up on this form of treatment pending assessment over longer time. Prof M E at UCLH is on record as saying they tend to work with the type of Focal therapy they are comfortable and familiar with (which doesn't appear to be Tulsa-Pro as yet), UCLH being the leading hospital for Focal Therapy. However, interestingly they are now doing Irreversible Electroporation (Nanoknife) of which treatment they did a pilot study for a few years back so Tulsa-Pro may be introduced when there has been more reports on it from the few places abroad where it has been used, largely in trials.
Barry