Show search

Notification

Error

Cancer Surviors experience of Group Cognitive Therapy

User
Posted 01 Aug 2019 at 10:47

Cancer survivors’ experiences of receiving group therapy for anxiety

Hello

I am a Doctoral student at Canterbury Christ Church University (CCCU) and I am looking for people who were diagnosed with any cancer to take part in an interview to discuss about experiences of receiving group therapy (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy - CBT) for anxiety.

What is the purpose of the study?

The study aims to explore how people with different types of cancer experience group Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). By exploring your experiences, this project hopes to develop an understanding of what types of experience you had and what factors impacted on your experiences including which aspects of receiving group CBT were helpful and less helpful.

Who can take part?

• Be over the age of 18 years
  • English speakers
  • Have been diagnosed at some point in adulthood with cancer
  • Have attended, within the last three years, group therapy (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy-CBT) for anxiety during or after cancer treatment

What will it involve?

• Attend one interview with the researcher, either conducted by telephone or by meeting in central London or in Tunbridge Wells (Salomons Centre for Applied Psychology)
  • It will last 1hour
  • I will reimburse up to £10 for travel expenses

Interested in taking part?

Please contact me on s.r.lopes514@canterbury.ac.uk or Tel. 01227 927070 (Monday-Friday)

Leaflet. Version 3. 09.05.2019 / IRAS Project ID: 245854