Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Surprised no one has posted this...

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 18:52

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51182451

At least they did not over dramatise the report like tabloids do.

P

User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 21:55
Very interesting study. I wonder how long before a clinical trial!
User
Posted 21 Jan 2020 at 22:47

We are in the Cardiff area so let’s hope they ask for local volunteers when it comes to a trial! 

PS I had just read the article on Facebook and would have posted it myself if only I could work out how to!

Edited by member 21 Jan 2020 at 23:04  | Reason: Extra comment.

User
Posted 22 Jan 2020 at 09:55
Looks promising and would seem to be preferable for patients to the current treatments although some people have been treated with immunotherapy for quite some years for certain cancers.
Barry
User
Posted 28 Mar 2021 at 22:04
Looks great, but I suppose they need to move cautiously into live trials on humans.

I'm an utter novice and newcomer to this enormously complex field, but I gather that fiddling with our immune system can go wrong sometimes. In my reading there are reports of nasty side effects to some immunotherapy innovations. Nobody wants the cure to be worse than the disease.

User
Posted 29 Mar 2021 at 12:55
Further to Pete's report I took a look at the paper in his reference to Nature Immunology (www.nature.com/articles/s41590-019-0578-8).

It's behind a paywall, but there is an abstract. I am still struggling with immunotherapy terminology, but perhaps someone in our community can look at it and tell us what's going on.

User
Posted 29 Mar 2021 at 13:58
I was able to access the report without any paywall but the BBC report is dated Feb 2020 and refers to a research paper published in Nov 2019. The research project was very early stage - doesn't look like they were anywhere near human trials at that point and as far as I can see, the team hasn't applied for clinical approval to progress their work since the paper was published.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard