I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

I'm getting married in the morning

User
Posted 20 Mar 2020 at 18:28

My lovely fiancée and I are getting married Saturday 11:30. It'll be a strange wedding as all the social aspects are cancelled, and we've brought it forward a few days, in anticipation of further lockdowns. Hoping to do the celebrating in a few months.

My ADT should have worn off a bit by then :-) 

Dave

User
Posted 20 Mar 2020 at 20:30
Best wishes for your special day

Debby x

User
Posted 20 Mar 2020 at 20:50
Awww, what a shame that all the planning and dreaming you have probably put in has been overridden by COVID but as you say, the celebration may be all the sweeter when it comes.

Congratulations to you both.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 02:38

Hope you have a wonderful day. 

Congratulations to you both. 

Steve 

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 07:10
have a wonderful day xx
User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 07:22

Dave 

Congratulations and best wishes for the day.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 07:47
Have a great day, and my very best wishes for your future life together.

Chris

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 10:01

Congratulations, best wishes for your future together.

Ido4

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 17:31

Congratulations to you both, fingers crossed in a few months you'll be raring to go! xxx

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 19:33

Thank you everyone. We had a great day. Absolutely nothing went to plan, as the plans went out the window days ago. 

The toast to the bride and groom was prosecco in plastic cups, in the town hall car park. The wedding breakfast was five of us eating cheese and ham sandwiches in a friend's front room.

We both agreed it was the best day of our lives. Yes, we will be having a celebration later in the year in a more conventional style, but we won't forget the ten or so friends who made it today and pulled out the stops for us, some with only about an hours notice.

Once more thanks to all the people on here with your kind words and thoughts. 

Avatar changed as I don't think we can post pictures, now you can see us on our happy day. 

Dave and Margaret x x

Dave

User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 21:34
Congratulations!
Barry
User
Posted 21 Mar 2020 at 21:50

Best wishes for a very happy future together.