I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

My Radiotherapy results

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 10:56

Well, I’ve just had a phone consultation with the clinical oncologist at Jimmies. Basically she’s discharged me back to the urological consultant because, in her words, the radiotherapy has given a textbook result. My PSA is now at an undetectable level which means that my prostate cancer has gone away (as much as any cancer goes away). I shall probably be on 6 monthly PSA tests from now on. 🤗

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 10:56

Well, I’ve just had a phone consultation with the clinical oncologist at Jimmies. Basically she’s discharged me back to the urological consultant because, in her words, the radiotherapy has given a textbook result. My PSA is now at an undetectable level which means that my prostate cancer has gone away (as much as any cancer goes away). I shall probably be on 6 monthly PSA tests from now on. 🤗

User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 13:04

Excellent news. Stay well.

Ido4

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 12:29

Brilliant news, such a relief for you and your family. I had the same positive result last December and now have a follow-up appointment in July. Finished radiotherapy 1st week in November and was on Hormone tablets from 1 July to 31 December; I was fortunate that I had no 'hot flushes' and man-boobs & tenderness have now just about gone. No other noticeable adverse symptoms, so staying very positive and thankful I was diagnosed when I was (by accident). A great big THANK YOU to the wonderful NHS. 

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 02 Apr 2020 at 13:04

Excellent news. Stay well.

Ido4

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 12:29

Brilliant news, such a relief for you and your family. I had the same positive result last December and now have a follow-up appointment in July. Finished radiotherapy 1st week in November and was on Hormone tablets from 1 July to 31 December; I was fortunate that I had no 'hot flushes' and man-boobs & tenderness have now just about gone. No other noticeable adverse symptoms, so staying very positive and thankful I was diagnosed when I was (by accident). A great big THANK YOU to the wonderful NHS. 

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 15:03
Congrats Buffalo - sorry I missed your post :-/
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 18:51

Buffalo, it’s brilliant to read your recent post.

Mauriceo, and brilliant to read your recent post too.

It’s really uplifting to read such positive messages.

Good luck and best wishes to you both.

Ange

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 19:08
That's great news but continue with PSA tests even at longer intervals as your clinicians suggest. Unfortunately, this disease sometimes comes back, even after a long time which can be devastating when you thought it was finished, as I can testify.
Barry