Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Bone Pain caused by APC or other causes

User
Posted 21 Apr 2020 at 20:38

Hi.

As a relatively new member of the club that no one wants to belong to I found the video below from a United States Cancer charity website very helpful in been able to differentiate between old age bone aches and pains and APC pains. 

Stay safe

Regards

Norm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgg__MnOxVA&feature=youtu.be

Edited by member 23 Apr 2020 at 15:13  | Reason: typos

User
Posted 25 Apr 2020 at 00:36

Absoulutely fantastic site indeed, the information there is second to none. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post this initial link mate, very very much appreciated. As an early sufferer of pelvic and rib bone pain pre treatment, I for one found this informative and helpfull.

Ronnie.

Incidentally and while I'm here, the best advice and evidence from the " front line" I've come across regarding APC is here. The Oncologist is sincere and extremely knowlegable and experienced to boot.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVsDbUaVXRI

More general information here. Posting link's to this external site is not intended to deflect any information on or from this suitably superb site, but sometimes, occasionally, pictures can say more than word's could ever do.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePCRI/videos

Edited by member 25 Apr 2020 at 01:40  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Apr 2020 at 10:58

Hi Ronnie,

Glad you found the link informative and helpful.Video is sometimes easier to absorb info. at home rather then during a stressful appointment in the Oncologists office!

I have found this doctors videos a great general guide to all aspects of APC.That together with the band of brothers and sisters on this site can keep us in a good place!

Stay Safe

Norm

Edited by member 26 Apr 2020 at 00:10  | Reason: typos

User
Posted 25 Apr 2020 at 11:11
Hi Norm,

Thanks a lot for the link. What a great video - informative and reassuring.

Cheers

Dave

User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 00:27

Hi Dave,

I see from your profile we have very similar staging.The lowest psa I got to after chemo. ended in December was 0.9 so you have done very well to get to near zero!

Hopefully with new treatments in the pipeline we will be around for a good while longer!

Regards

Norm

Edited by member 29 Apr 2020 at 15:47  | Reason: typos

User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 10:49
Hi Norm

Thanks for the link, very interesting, as I’ve got all 3 pains the doctor mentions. Metastasis in my left thigh and spine at L4, acute arthritis in my left hip and a kidney stone lodged in my urethra tube, again on the left side.

Unfortunately I can’t get any of these seen to at the moment as the main hospital in my area is dealing only with Covid-19 cases. Hopefully this will come to an end in the next few weeks.

Luckily I’m still receiving chemo treatment, but that’s at a different hospital that would handle the above issues.

Cheers Stu

User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 11:13
Hi again Norm,

Even though my PSA is creeping up I too hope to be around for a good while yet. All of us react differently to PCa but three and half years since diagnosis and you wouldn’t know there was anything wrong with me. As far as symptoms go I wouldn’t know there was anything wrong with me! Some emotional/mental health issues but they were always waiting in the wings for a catalyst.

All the best for the future

Dave

User
Posted 26 Apr 2020 at 18:42
Thanks for this post. Very reassuring as advancing age causing all sorts of problems with joints etc. Good to hear some of this advice.
User
Posted 25 Jul 2020 at 23:38

Hi,

Thanks for those links - Answered some questions for me personally so that is a great find :-D