I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

That's over with

User
Posted 01 May 2020 at 19:44

Home from hospital after op I have been told it all went to plan feeling very sore catheter in , the consultant said he managed to save the nerves on my right side  but can't promise anything , it's now a long and slow healing progress and must be prepared to be patient so here's hoping somewhere down the line things work out and thanks to everyone who wished me good luck 

Bakerboy 

User
Posted 01 May 2020 at 20:21

Bakerboy

If you weren't given some instilagel or hydrocaine, get someone to get you some from a chemist. The national chains may require a prescription the independents tend not to require one. It's around £3 a tube, squirt some down the eye of the penis at the side of the catheter. Keep the catheter clean and remember it's your best friend for the next few days. Make sure your bag connections are tight and put the night bag stand in a  ~bowel~ bowl  or bucket. 

If you have thigh straps you could put one around you ankle and fasten the night bag tube to it, this saves pulling on the bag if you are a restless sleeper. If you wear pyjama bottoms that will also keep things in place. I assume you have been told to attach night bag to the leg bag at night.

Take it easy but keep mobile.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 03 May 2020 at 09:56  | Reason: Added paragraph and spelling

User
Posted 01 May 2020 at 23:33

Hi Tim,

So pleased to hear the op is over and that you are now at home recovering. There are many on the forum who have ‘been there’ and know what you are going through and I’m sure they will be able to offer advice and support if needed.

With very best wishes,

Ange 

User
Posted 02 May 2020 at 12:54

Hi everyone just wanted to say thanks for the well wishes and the advice , much appreciated and and means alot 

Bakerboy 

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 03:55

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Keep the catheter clean and remember it's your best friend for the next few days. Make sure your bag connections are tight and put the night bag stand in a bowel or bucket. 

Thanks Chris

Best friend? Bloody worst enemy more like! And mine came out below my navel, not out the end of my dick!

Count down from ten the days till removal, and Chris, don’t encourage our patient to insert his night bag stand into his bowel - I’m sure he’s in enough discomfort already!😂😂😂😂😂

Best of luck Baker, get well soon, and keep that night stand well away from your a*******!

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 03 May 2020 at 04:12  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 07:56

Bollinge

That's predictive text for you. Had an SPC for over three years now, not "always" my friend.

Bakerboy,  just curious, what type of surgery did you have ,open , laparoscopic or robotic ?

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 03 May 2020 at 10:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 03 May 2020 at 18:36

Hi Chris 

it was robotic