I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Up Again!

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 12:00

Hi All just had my 6 month check up and my psa has risen again for 3rd consecutive  test. It has gone up from 0.013 to 0.064 Oncologist doesn't seem to be worried, but why is it continuing to rise? Has anyone out there had similar results. Thanks  your time.

21/2 years post RT + 1 year post radiation treatment (33).

Barry

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 15:04

It may just be healthy benign PSA being generated in your body - John is nearly 8 years post-salvage RT and his PSA has wandered between 0.08 and 0.11 before dropping back down to <0.1 and settling. The onco says he must just have a high 'normal' level. He does do a lot of cycling and weights though and is extremely hairy so perhaps has a lot of testosterone.

If it rises above 0.1 & then continues to rise the onco will be more concerned but might not want to re-start treatment until it gets to 5 or 10.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 15:13

Thank you Lynn I knew I could rely on you to offer sound advice. Just as a side topic, since taking Bicalutamide hormone tablets (1 per day) all my body hair, around chest and stomach seems to have faded away. I assume this is normal.

Barry

User
Posted 14 May 2020 at 16:48
Yes; I can't imagine you have slept with many women who had a hairy chest?

Sometimes on here, the first sign a man had that his HT was failing was when his back or chest hair started to grow back ... but that was men on long term HT such as Prostap or Zoladex.

You may have found that the hair on your head is thicker & healthier though?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard