I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

No ejaculation

User
Posted 05 Jul 2020 at 07:14

I am 55 years old and always had a good sex life.but recently i have not been able to ejaculate. I had the snip about 25 years ago. But now i have noticed slow flow when i pee . I am worried that this might be something serious has anyone had the same two problems .

User
Posted 05 Jul 2020 at 09:37

Hi Bodger,

You need to go and see your GP to be tested for prostate cancer.

Assuming you mean you orgasm but produce no semen (dry orgasm), these are both mainly symptoms of something called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) which isn't serious, but they can also be symptoms of prostate cancer, so you must get it checked out just in case.

Your GP will do a PSA blood test (you should insist on this, just in case they don't - you have a right to one aged over 50), and they might do a quick rectal examination of your prostate. They will probably refer you to urology regardless if they think it's BPH or prostate cancer.

If you have any more questions, do ask, and let us know how you get on.

Edited by member 05 Jul 2020 at 09:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Jul 2020 at 15:44

Thanks andy i think i need to just to put my mind at rest and also to see if anything is wrong . Sometimes they dissmiss it but i guess i need to be firm and tell them i need it checking.

Thanks for your advice