I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Male 43 PSA raised.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2020 at 17:50

I'm here because i'm full of worries and keep telling me self Dr Doom is coming for me.Have Chronic Anxiety.

I have had prostatitis/urine infection recently and all the usual symptoms that happen,the urinating has eased off a little,the pain in my lower back and bum is still with me and sometimes a tingling type sensation after my last wee before I go to bed.

I had DRE and Dr said prostate was fine,no hardness or suspicious lumps or bumps.

Have had 2 urine tests dipped they were clear and 2 sent to the lab also clear.

After DRE Dr then took my blood and 2 days later she called to say Liver Function slightly raised as was was my PSA reading.

She informed me that it could be because DRE done a few minutes before and as i'd been on various antibiotics for a month my Liver maybe reacting to those.

I do have faith in her and she says it's unlikely to be CA but until it symptoms stop I keep on worrying.

If anyone has tips or advice i'd appreciate it.

User
Posted 12 Jul 2020 at 20:12

What was the PSA reading ?  As stated,  a blood test straight after DRE can elevate the reading. What is the next plan of action. 

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 12 Jul 2020 at 21:12
She just said it was very slightly raised no number given,if I had it I might rest a bit easier,i've got allsorts of numbers in my head,another blood test Thursday no exercise of any kind 48 hrs previous to having them done and referral to Urology,Dr has said this could all be anxiety,Back strain and urine problems rolled into one.
User
Posted 12 Jul 2020 at 23:19
Suggest you ask what the figure is. It can help serve as a base line in the event that you are diagnosed with Pca. Also ask for all test results as this will help all better understand your situation, if indeed you are diagnosed with PCa.
Barry
User
Posted 12 Jul 2020 at 23:43
If you phone or call in to the surgery, the receptionist should be able to do a print out of the PSA test result for you.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Jul 2020 at 23:56
I'll do that,worrying won't do me any good.