I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Good results after 12 months on Abiraterone

User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 09:13

12 months ago my husband had a diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer, Gleason 9 with metastasis in the pelvis, collar bone and lung. I’m pleased to report that he is responding well to treatment ( hormone injections and Abiraterone) and all tumours have been significantly reduced. He will have his PSA checked in 3 months (it’s always been low) and a MRI scan in 6 months. We raised a glass and said ‘here’s to the next six months’. It’s such a relief to get a reprieve, the scanxiety was immense 😊

User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 09:13

12 months ago my husband had a diagnosis of advanced prostate cancer, Gleason 9 with metastasis in the pelvis, collar bone and lung. I’m pleased to report that he is responding well to treatment ( hormone injections and Abiraterone) and all tumours have been significantly reduced. He will have his PSA checked in 3 months (it’s always been low) and a MRI scan in 6 months. We raised a glass and said ‘here’s to the next six months’. It’s such a relief to get a reprieve, the scanxiety was immense 😊

User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 10:31

Thank you. We are really going to make the most of it and live in the moment!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 09:58

It’s great news to hear your husband has responded well to the Abiraterone treatment. Enjoy your next six months together and good luck with future scans x

User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 10:31

Thank you. We are really going to make the most of it and live in the moment!

User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 10:57

Really lovely to hear good news. Living in the moment sounds a great idea indeed. 

My husbands next PSA test in a few weeks and I feel nervous already. 

Mrs MAS

User
Posted 10 Sep 2020 at 11:12

Great to hear he is doing well. Thanks for the positive update.

Ido4