I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

31 years old

User
Posted 28 Dec 2020 at 10:58

Please help what to do further! Im afraid of cancer I can't even sleep and started feeling pain in half of my body. 

The story started when I was 27 years old. I felt small discomfort when urinating before going to sleep I would go to the toilet once and then again after some minutes because it looked like I had to empty the bladder fully. After one year I started feeling tension in butt. (I was using medicine from urinary tract, antibiotics, alpha blockers, medicine from overactive bladder and just nothing totally worked. Only one thing that helps me til today is antidepressants. It. Helps with urine flow and discomfort.) After some time I started going more often to thre toilet and started feeling constant urge to pee. I always have this feeling like I want to go to the toilet. So after two years of feeling these symptoms I went to the doctor go who made all urinary test, hiv, chlamydia which were negative, did psa which was 0.4. So found nothing. Then I went to urologist who made prostate massage and took the sample. Negative. Gave me alpha blockers who worked for two months and then it stopped working. So the symptoms are sometimes worse sometimes better, when I do stretches I feel better. Urine flow isn't perfect but it isn't just very poor. I would say pretty fair. Then after almost three months doctor did psa again which was also 0.4. Now I don't know what to do Im afraid of cancer and can't decide what to do, go and ask for urologist appointment or ask for mri or what? Because I have already mental illness from this, my back aches, my ribs aches, my arms, knees aches and I think that its metastatic cancer. 

Edited by member 28 Dec 2020 at 12:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Dec 2020 at 14:41

The symptoms you describe aren't particularly associated with prostate cancer and you have had all relevant tests. Has anyone suggested counselling or trying different meds for your anxiety? You could also ask whether there is a clinic in your area that offers bladder retraining. 

Edited by member 28 Dec 2020 at 14:41  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 28 Dec 2020 at 15:42
Mr Kim,

I think a lot of your problems are down to probably pointless anxiety, and as Matron said, maybe you should seek some help in that regard.

As far as your urinary difficulties are concerned, of course, you should seek the advice of your urology department as soon as possible, and put your faith in them, which in turn might relieve some of your worries mentioned earlier.

Prostate cancer at your age is about the same chance of winning the Lottery - i.e. No chance!

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

User
Posted 28 Dec 2020 at 15:47

I found over active bladder medications stopped working after a while, having a break from them and then re-starting often made them effective again. I was often told spread was unusual under a PSA of 20, I have seen others say 10. If I had a symptom, it was dribbling after urinating. 

As already said see a urologist to see if there is a water works issue, but put prostate cancer out of your mind.

Thanks Chris