I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Pain in lower buttocks and scrotem

User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 17:56

It has been 7 weeks since my prostatectomy. I’m still experiencing pain in my lower buttocks and scrotem when sitting and bending. Also I am still experiencing burning and sharp pains along the bottom of my penis. Is this pain usually normal after this long after surgery. Also my ruination is pretty erratic, sometimes good flow sometimes a struggle to empty bladder. Still somewhat painful to urinate. Sorry so long of question but not sure if things are going bad. Any advice or help would be appreciated 

Thanks

User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 18:26

Mikroe 

I had quite a few of the same issues.

It could be a slight blockage from the healing joint, perhaps still swollen. Possibly a foreign body from the surgery. The start of a Urethral stricture caused by the joint. I may be a simple UTI. 

I had all the above in the first few weeks post surgery and my urine was very smelly. Flow was very erratic.

Get it checked out.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 19:24
This is very soon after your op. I had all sorts of issues for a long while. If I’m truthful it was 12 weeks before I could even touch my testicles. They felt like someone had played ping-pong with them for 4 hrs on the table. My thighs were numb for months and couldn’t even feel myself drying them after a shower. Also bad abdominal pains from adhesions for a very very long time. And the odd occasion of urinating pure blood which is terrifying. Give it some extra time my friend
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 18:26

Mikroe 

I had quite a few of the same issues.

It could be a slight blockage from the healing joint, perhaps still swollen. Possibly a foreign body from the surgery. The start of a Urethral stricture caused by the joint. I may be a simple UTI. 

I had all the above in the first few weeks post surgery and my urine was very smelly. Flow was very erratic.

Get it checked out.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 18:34

Chris

Thanks for the information, I’m just worried something has gone wrong. Just very painful and didn’t know if this is normal. I am really glad there is a place we can all talk and get information on this stuff.!! Very much appreciated 

User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 19:24
This is very soon after your op. I had all sorts of issues for a long while. If I’m truthful it was 12 weeks before I could even touch my testicles. They felt like someone had played ping-pong with them for 4 hrs on the table. My thighs were numb for months and couldn’t even feel myself drying them after a shower. Also bad abdominal pains from adhesions for a very very long time. And the odd occasion of urinating pure blood which is terrifying. Give it some extra time my friend
User
Posted 04 Jan 2021 at 22:00

Thanks for the information Chris, I feel emotionally better after communicating with someone dealing with a similar situation.  I really hope you are doing well and everything is ok with you. If there is one good thing about this entire situation. I love lemonade!!!!

Thanks

User
Posted 05 Jan 2021 at 10:06
It takes months and months to recover from major abdominal surgery - all sorts of important internal muscles are cut. I had a nephrectomy operation in late 2018 (MRI scans during prostate cancer diagnosis revealed a kidney tumour!), which is an operation that cuts the same muscles, and it was a good 6 months before I was physically back to normal again. Take it easy - 7 weeks is relatively early days.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 09 Jan 2021 at 14:36

I still have mild pelvic floor discomfort 14 months post RARP. For the first few months I wasn’t really able to sit on a hard office chair and still use a pillow now. Thinks it’s fairly common after all the bits that have been cut. Medics have told me it can take a few years for everything to settle but if you are concerned would recommend bouncing it off the wall during your next review.

Edited by member 09 Jan 2021 at 21:44  | Reason: Not specified