I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hifu therapy

User
Posted 15 Jan 2021 at 16:14

I was booked in for my prostectormy next Thursday 21st. It was cancelled at preop Monday as I'd had covid over Christmas. Over the weekend I'd filled in a form on line about hifu therapy to see if I was eligible. I ended up getting a phone call from the hifu therapy sales man Monday night when I had no care plan in place for my cancer, so perfect timing.  

Dr x the hifu therapy doctor has now got my MRI & BIOPSY  report so he can have a look. On Wednesday ( after my wife spoke to the guy who books & cancels operations & was aware of my case & she being a nurse pointed out about 'the duty of individual care to patients' etc. My operation is now back on for Thursday but I will b admitted differently & I'm being treated as an out patient, so home later that afternoon with nurse home visits that night & Friday morning.  

HIFU THERAPY  what do you know???

I'll make my decision Monday night after my consultantation with the hifu doctor but would appreciate your knowledge on the treatment.  Thanks

Edited by moderator 15 Jan 2021 at 16:18  | Reason: no naming of health professionals

User
Posted 15 Jan 2021 at 17:11
T3? You’re totally out of the range of applicability of HIFU. Go with the prostatectomy.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 15 Jan 2021 at 20:13

I agree with Chris, T3 with 85% on one side seems way too big for a focal therapy. Personally I would be more inclined for brachy, but if you have the surgery lined up go for it. 

Dave

User
Posted 15 Jan 2021 at 20:25
Just to add that you really can't afford to mess around with a T3. Something less extensive can grow a bit and still be curable. With a T3 you're on the cusp between curable and incurable cancer. It's really not the time to experiment. Go with what's proven to be effective.

Cheers,

Chris