I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

im only 17 but have symptoms of prostate cancer

User
Posted 20 Jan 2021 at 20:52

hi im a 17 year old male and ive extremely stressed recently trying to find out whats wrong with me. about a week ago i got out of bed and experienced an ache in my abdomen almost as if i was kicked in the balls and that made me start to pay more attention on down there and discovered my testicles were quite scaly and dry and i was also burning up and had chills and lost my appetite maybe due to the stress as i get extremely anxious anyway. I then talked to my gp the next day and sent him a few pictures and he said they looked dry and said it could be due to an uti and perscribed me with antibiotics. After about 3 4 days of taking the antibiotics i was getting no real benefits from them and then started to get all around weakness but mainly my legs. Therefore i started to get worried again and called the gp once again and he told me some antibiotics may not work with utis and perscribed me with another course of antibiotics and ive been taking them for 2 days now but the aching in my legs is still present and ive been feeling no urge or feeling that i need to go urinate and if i do its only slight and goes and comes back quickly and then will just go again. i dont know if im just being silly and ive googled too much into symptoms but ive somehow convinced myself i have prostate cancer and would appreciate any feed back or thoughts from what youve read. any help would be massively appreciated

Edited by member 21 Jan 2021 at 01:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jan 2021 at 00:11

Hello Ryan,

Your symptoms don't sound like prostate cancer at all, and you're far too young.

It does sound like you might have a UTI or prostatitis. If you had sex in the days/weeks before this all started, you might have acquired a sexually transmitted disease.

You might have more success getting diagnosed and treated by visiting your local sexual health clinic...

Find Sexual health information and support services

One other thought (having also read your profile), is there any chance you might have injured your lower back (spine)? Are you numb in the perineum (skin between scrotum and anus) or around the anus?

Edited by member 23 Jan 2021 at 12:41  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jan 2021 at 02:06

hey andy thanks alot for your feedback, i havent had sex before so it wouldnt be possible for an std and i dont believe ive had any real injuries to the spine but i do have pains in my tailbone area from time to time if i sit down and put pressure on it for a certain amount of time but i think i got that from having a slouched posture on the school chairs alot and yeah i think the skin in the perineum could be numb but its hard to tell

thanks again for the feedback

i also forgot to mention ive been having trouble with the signal of my bladder for example id get sudden urges to need to urinate but they will just go on and off and theres no sign of improvements whilst on the antibiotics so far just yet.

Edited by member 21 Jan 2021 at 03:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jan 2021 at 03:49

Ryan,

You haven’t got prostate cancer, so as Andy says, go to a sexual health clinic or ask your GP for a referral to your local urology department. The former will probably be quicker.

And stop consulting Dr Google!

Best of luck.

Cheers, John.

Edited by member 21 Jan 2021 at 03:49  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Jan 2021 at 03:53

Ryan,

I think there's a chance you may have Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES), based on what you've said, but I am not a doctor.

Please call NHS on 111 immediately (i.e. now), and tell them someone thinks you may have CES. They should run through a set of questions and decide if you need immediate investigation. (If it is CES, you do need immediate attention.)

Show this to your parents.

And as John said, stop looking on Dr Google.

Edited by member 21 Jan 2021 at 04:38  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 27 Apr 2021 at 01:12

Hey,

Hope all's going well with you?

Im just touching base as I'm going through something similar and wondered if you'd had any results?