I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

RALP done! Waiting to go home

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 11:10

So my RALP was done Thursday afternoon. All went as well as expected I believe but now have to wait a few weeks. Stayed in a bit longer as I live 4 hours from hospital and wanted to be sure I was ok. So hoping today to head home if my partner can get the car fixed as it's broken a spring since we came down!.

Not emptied bowel yet, worried about straining too much. Definitely losing some gas though. 

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 13:05

Chris

Take it easy but keep mobile, it will help with the bowel movements. Definitely no straining. Did you get some instilagel or hydrocaine.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 13:23

Broken spring, on a weekend that is really annoying. Hope things go well and you get home OK. 

Dave

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 13:38

Great news, well done.   After 48hrs in hospital get home as soon as you can you don't know what you could catch in there.  Hire a car.  You can't beat home.

Keep drinking fluids to help keep your movement soft, you sure don't want any straining.

These are early days take it easy for a couple to let it heal a bit, then build up the walking.  That's my suggestion, all the best, Peter

Edited by member 13 Feb 2021 at 14:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 13:47
Glad to hear all went well. Take care and don't try to rush your recovery. Hope you don't have to make another 4h trip to the hospital to have the catheter out?

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 13 Feb 2021 at 17:51

Glad it went well. Take things easy. 

Ido4

User
Posted 14 Feb 2021 at 01:26

Hi Chris,

I’m 5 weeks ahead of you having had RP on 7/1/21.

You are now on the steps to recovery and the members on here, particularly the ones who have been on here many years and regularly post have so much knowledge and experience to offer advice and support.  There have been times when I’ve been unable to sleep and stressed out, but when I read the comments on this site I always feel better.

I can’t imagine how I would have coped with a long journey home like you face.  Mine was less than half an hour and I felt every bump and my bladder certainly let me know it was getting annoyed....

I wish you a very speedy recovery.  Regards, Neil

User
Posted 14 Feb 2021 at 11:04

Hope you have an easy recovery