Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Starting Enzalutamide journey

User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 20:46

Hi all.

I hope you are all well and bearing up in this strange world we are currently living in.

OH had a Zoom consultation with the Onco today and he is starting him on Enzalutamide ASAP. OH has to have a liver function test first and as long as that is OK we are good to go.

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experience of Enza to give us an idea of what to expect regarding possible side effects etc.

Thanks

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 25 Feb 2021 at 22:41
Hi Debbie,

My partner was diagnosed in Dec 2020 with advanced Pca, Gleason score 9 spread to distant lymph nodes. He has now been on Enzalutamide for a month (as well as Hormone injection) and PSA has gone down from 177 to 4.84. Side effects were more noticeable at first: some nausea and tiredness but nothing he couldn't cope with. He is now tolerating it well with the occasional pain in his breastbone/chest and every now and then feeling slightly queasy. It's a powerful drugs but our oncologist assured us that with his age and fitness level there would be no reason why he should experience any bad side-effects.

Hope that helps and best of luck,

Rachel

User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 00:04

Hi Rachel, thank you so much for your response. I am delighted and reassured that your OH seems to be tolerating the Enza well. Fingers crossed mine does the same x

Debbie xxx
User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 08:39
Hi Debbie

I have been on Enza and HT (Prostap) from when I was diagnosed with pca in Dec 2014. My psa was 235.

I am now just starting my 7th year and am still very active.

The main side effect has been fatigue as well as the hot flushes. The hot flushes were worse in the early years. Oh I also lost all my body hair and grew some moobs.

When I was diagnosed I was running half marathons (and one marathon) but now I'm walking 28 miles a week with the occasional 100metre jog.

When I was diagnosed I changed my diet to no meat, minimal dairy etc and focused on trying to keep fit.

To be honest I forget about pca most of the time now and just get on with my life.

I hope that enza works for your OH as it has for me.

Please keep in touch

Paul

User
Posted 26 Feb 2021 at 16:37

Thanks Paul. That’s really helpful and I am delighted that Enza is working well for you. Xx

Debbie xxx