I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Retrograde Ejaculation after biopsy

User
Posted 31 Mar 2021 at 09:35

I thought that I would log this as I could not see any history of this on this blog or indeed on the web.

Perhaps this is coincidental (which would surprise me) but initially after my biopsy I had a couple of "normal" (if very bloody) ejaculations.  After a few weeks of inactivity I then started having dry orgasms.  I spoke to a urology nurse who said that this was due to retrograde ejaculation whereby the semen actually enters the bladder.  Apparently this is because the bladder neck muscle fails to tighten sufficiently to prevent this and to direct the semen down the urethra.

A cruel trick to play on me just when I would have liked to have had a final "flourish" before my Covid-delayed op (tomorrow as it happens)!

User
Posted 31 Mar 2021 at 22:20

Good luck with the op. 

Dave

User
Posted 31 Mar 2021 at 22:37
This never happened to me but I have to say the bloody orgasms and condoms were a bit gross tbh. I still after 6 yrs miss a proper ejaculation but after a while they can feel just as good with the pumping sensation. Something you will definitely have to get used to. I remember my last ejaculation at 6am before surgery.

Good luck tomorrow and the start of your new journey !

User
Posted 03 Apr 2021 at 12:23

If you were given Tamsulosin after the biopsy (which is often done to reduce the effect of swelling on flow rate, and help any blood clots to pass), this often causes retrograde ejaculation by the mechanism mentioned of the bladder neck muscle (internal urinary sphincter) failing to tighten sufficiently.

Edited by member 03 Apr 2021 at 12:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Apr 2021 at 07:26

Thanks Andy, no I was not given Tamsulosin or anything else.

All academic now. Only orgasms that I can hope for now will be dry!

User
Posted 05 Apr 2021 at 18:15

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I remember my last ejaculation at 6am before surgery.

Mine's in my treatment diary too, 17/4/2019, two months after starting Zoladex.
Since I still have a prostate, there is a small chance of getting a bit back when my testosterone recovers, but I've got used to the convenience of dry orgasms now.

Actually, I just realised I'm coming up to my 2nd dry orgasm anniversary (pun intended).

Edited by member 05 Apr 2021 at 18:35  | Reason: Not specified