I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Assist with passing urine

User
Posted 06 Apr 2021 at 12:59

I am entering my 4th week post surgery and find I still have to direct my penis when urinating as there appears no support in it . It is still quite shrunken is this to be expected . Whilst I’m seated i quite often get surges through my penis that feels like it is gaining an erection but sadly not , what does this signify ? 

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 15:51

I think it's expected to lose a bit of length following surgery. 

Also, it may be a little early in your recovery to read too much in to any stirrings just yet, as this could take some time, assuming you had nerve sparing surgery. 

Good luck.

Kev

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 17:47
The surges / sensations could just be your brain misreading messages from the nerves in your pelvis - nerve endings have been cut, burnt and bashed around ... they can produce all sorts of weird sensations as they heal.

Problems directing the flow when urinating usually get better over time but can be a permanent side effect for some men.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 15:51

I think it's expected to lose a bit of length following surgery. 

Also, it may be a little early in your recovery to read too much in to any stirrings just yet, as this could take some time, assuming you had nerve sparing surgery. 

Good luck.

Kev

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 17:47
The surges / sensations could just be your brain misreading messages from the nerves in your pelvis - nerve endings have been cut, burnt and bashed around ... they can produce all sorts of weird sensations as they heal.

Problems directing the flow when urinating usually get better over time but can be a permanent side effect for some men.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard