I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hennenfent

User
Posted 06 Apr 2021 at 21:49

Has anyone else read Hennenfent’s ‘Surviving Prostate cancer without surgery’? At first scan over since receiving today it seems very biased against RP but somewhat thought provoking. Was written back in 2005, so obviously many more ops since but still no direct clinical study proving RP beneficial against RT. Wondered what others felt about it?

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 02:37

When you think of the developments and rate of change in RP and RT, and the new treatments which have come along, I would not have even picked up a 16 year old book. Even a 3 or 4 year old book is going to be somewhat out of date.

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 09:42
There is still no evidence that surgery is better than RT, for a man with a T1 / T2 contained cancer. In fact, the data is starting to go the other way and our urologist has been telling us for years that in the future, people will look back and consider it as laughable / barbaric that prostates were ever surgically removed!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 07 Apr 2021 at 09:51

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
... and consider it as laughable / barbaric that prostates were ever surgically removed!

"... put away your butchers knives..." Dr McCoy, Startrek. 

Dave