Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Maintaining libido during ADT ???

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 04:38

Hi,

I have already had the experience of 12 months on ADT (Zoladex) following prostatectomy and alongside RT.  It is now 2yrs since finishing adt and it was 12- i8 months  before libido started to return. I am now back to normal in the desire department and we (wife and I) are enjoying the sexual side of things again. Without penetrative intercourse due to ED and shrinkage but I have to say better orgasms on my part. So happy with that. 

PSA has now started to rise again so most likely I will be back on ADT shortly. I remember that on ADT the loss of libido sneaks up on you the first time through as you have so much going on. Then before you know it you aren't interested and look at your naked wife with no desire.

What I am asking has anyone found they were able to take steps to maintain desire 2nd time around. I would like to be ahead of the game if possible.

Cheers

John

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 08:04
I think this falls into 2 categories. I’ve just started HT now for the rest of my life as I’m incurable PSA 990 at 53 yrs old and 6 yrs post surgery. Only been on it 3 months but my libido at the moment is still very much there as is EF. Problem for me is that I’ve lost the ability to orgasm at all mostly which is quite frustrating. It’s extremely normal and unavoidable to lose libido but tbh my libido was stupid-high in the first place , hence why I still have some , and also I’m younger than you ? Not sure and no offence.

I guess things like massage need to take the place of natural desire.

User
Posted 08 Apr 2021 at 08:34

Hi Chevy,

This is a difficult question. It sounds like you are managing to orgasm without a penetrative erection, which is a very good start. As Chris points out, and in my own experience too, it gets more difficult to reach orgasm with low libido. You can make time to do it on a regular basis rather than relying on Libido to remind you. You can look to buy some sex toys to help reach orgasm, which will help when this get more difficult. You should still get pleasure from orgasms and from satisfying your partner, but you will have to put the effort in to remembering to do this regularly, rather than relying on libido to drive it. An additional way would be to encourage your partner to drive the initiation, and to go with it when they do.