I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

More HIFU?

User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 00:25

Had a telephone appointment with UCLH yesterday following an MRI I was given in February 2021.  I expressed my disappointment that the scan had not been discussed by the MDT and was told that there was not any significant difference from the previous one.  However, I said my PSA though not high at 2.55 when last taken in February this year, had continued to increase by a small increment each time it was tested.   So I was now passed the point of biochemical failure.  I restated that I did not want to start HT but was prepared to have HIFU again if offered.

The Doctor I spoke with said he would confer with CM who administered HIFU to me back in 2015 as salvage treatment for failed RT and get back to me in 10 minutes or so.  The outcome was that she would do the procedure again provided all was satisfactory on a pre op for another biopsy under anesthesia and that this biopsy showed the cancer could be treated in this way.  So appointments now awaited!

Edited by member 22 Apr 2021 at 15:00  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 06:59
Excellent news, Barry.

Best wishes,

Chris

User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 10:45

All the best going forward Barry.

Ange x

User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 17:54

Best wishes with this Barry. 

Ido4

User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 19:06
Fascinating - really pleased for you that your medical team listen to you and are open to your views & wishes. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long for the appointments!
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Apr 2021 at 19:12
👍🤞Hope you get the treatment you want Barry

Cheers

Bill

User
Posted 23 Apr 2021 at 11:43
Thank you for your comments and support. I will add to this thread if/when prerequisites are met and the HIFU is done.
Barry
User
Posted 23 Apr 2021 at 13:51

Great news Barry

all the best

Roy