I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hormone Therapy Hot Sweats

User
Posted 06 May 2021 at 16:11

The term Hot Sweats is too mild. Every two hours at least. Hot streaming down back but pain down both legs. Lasts about 3/4 minutes a time. Cotton sheets and bedding. Don’t want to go on to prescribed medication due to adverse side affects but don’t think I can stand 2 years of this post Radiotherapy. No problem during day. Just annoying. Any ideas considered.

User
Posted 06 May 2021 at 19:13

James, many men find that hot flushes gradually diminish as your body adapts to the hormones. Have you read PCUK's information sheet on the topic? If not, it's at:

https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/guides/how-to-manage/advanced-prostate-cancer/hot-flushes

Best wishes,

Chris

Edited by member 06 May 2021 at 19:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 May 2021 at 21:09
At 53 I’m now on HT until I die. I’ve avoided it for two years re quality of life. I’ve been on it for four months but actually not too bad. Plenty of flushes but not excessive sweating going with it. Sorry you suffering so bad. Mine are mostly early morning but I sleep through the night and have a couple during the day. Many people on the forum say that sage tablets can be useful, or as above you may get used to it or adapt to it. Good luck.
User
Posted 08 May 2021 at 15:27

Hi James, evening primrose oil, sage tablets. Are two suggestions, both available from health shops. You'll be about £20 out of pocket, and it may not work, but probably worth a punt. If you do try them post back here, it will help guide others. 

Dave

User
Posted 10 May 2021 at 08:11

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Hi James, evening primrose oil, sage tablets. Are two suggestions, both available from health shops. You'll be about £20 out of pocket, and it may not work, but probably worth a punt. If you do try them post back here, it will help guide others. 

The other complimentary therapy which works for many people is acupuncture. You may be able to arrange this through your local cancer centre (Macmillan, Maggies, etc).