I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

INVITATION TO TAKE PART IN A RESEARCH STUDY LOOKING AT HOW WE MEASURE SOCIAL SUPPORT: What do social

User
Posted 13 May 2021 at 11:29

INVITATION TO TAKE PART IN A RESEARCH STUDY LOOKING AT HOW WE MEASURE SOCIAL SUPPORT: What do social support items measure?

My name is Lisa Duncan, and I am conducting a research study looking at how we measure social support as part of an MSc Health Psychology student project at the University of Aberdeen. I am looking to recruit adults diagnosed with long-term or chronic health conditions (including prostate cancer) to take part in this study. You can take part if you are over 18 years old, an English speaker, and are diagnosed with a chronic or long-term health condition.

This study involves an online survey which will ask participants for their opinion on whether questions used to measure social support (e.g., ‘I have someone I can count on to listen to me when I need to talk’) reflect different kinds of support (emotional support/instrumental support/informational support/social companionship) and then how confident they feel in this judgement (0-100%). The survey should take around 30 minutes to complete in total. There are no right or wrong answers – we are just asking for people’s own opinions. 

A link with more information and the survey is provided below:

http://viis.abdn.ac.uk/snapwebhost/s.asp?k=161857309797

Participation is completely voluntary, and you will be asked to provide your online consent before you can proceed to the survey. Participants will be able to enter a prize draw for a £25 Amazon voucher for participating. 

The study has been reviewed and approved by the University of Aberdeen School Ethics Review Board (SERB, Ethical Approval Number: CERB/2021/2/2035). I have been given consent by Prostate Cancer UK to advertise the study on this community.

If you have any questions about the study, please email me at l.duncan2.20@abdn.ac.uk.

User
Posted 19 May 2021 at 23:12

Just noticed this has only had 22 views, no doubt due to being held up in moderation. So bumping it up in case anyone is interested and missed it. 

Dave