I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Should I seek 68Ga-PSMA-11 PET scan to confirm/deny if there is spread of cancer?

User
Posted 09 Jul 2021 at 08:47

59M, cT2c, Gleason 4+3=7, PSA 7.8

Haven't had any treatments yet.

Looking for treatment options.

However, cancer spread is also a risk.

Is it a good or bad idea to get 68Ga-PSMA-11 PET scan to confirm if there is any spread of cancer outside capsule?

What can members of forum share about this particular PET scan and results?

59M, Gleason 4+3, PSA7.8, T2C.

DaVinci Surgery in 2021. PSA rising after surgery. What to do next?

User
Posted 09 Jul 2021 at 12:27

I 

Four years ago I asked about a PSMA or PET scan before salvage RT, it was declined and I was told if anything was found outside the pelvic area salvage RT would not happen and I would only be offered HT.

Things have moved on since then and the above experience was before salvage RT not primary RT.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 09 Jul 2021 at 12:30
I have answered on your other thread.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 09 Jul 2021 at 17:34

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I 

Four years ago I asked about a PSMA or PET scan before salvage RT, it was declined and I was told if anything was found outside the pelvic area salvage RT would not happen and I would only be offered HT.

Things have moved on since then and the above experience was before salvage RT not primary RT.

Thanks Chris

Interesting... but if something was found outside pelvic area, then it would be better? As radiation treatment would have been able to target it also?

Or am I missing something?

59M, Gleason 4+3, PSA7.8, T2C.

DaVinci Surgery in 2021. PSA rising after surgery. What to do next?

User
Posted 09 Jul 2021 at 18:10
Radical RT is only delivered to the pelvic area; if something outside the pelvic area is identified, radical treatment would no longer be the right pathway and systemic / long term treatments would be the only thing on offer.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard