I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

AUS fitted recently

User
Posted 10 Aug 2021 at 08:52

Having had an AUS fitted within the past 8 weeks  at London Bridge hospital I have had the most painful experience since surgery. I developed a hydro seal shortly after which was so painful and then I developed an infection which has largely subsided but I still am suffering from nerve pain in my scrotum which quite frankly is very painful. I am due to go back to London Bridge hospital next Monday in order to have my AUS activated, at present I don’t think I could bear anyone touching me down there. Has anyone else experienced the same outcome post surgery and how uncomfortable is it having the AUS activated. 

User
Posted 11 Aug 2021 at 13:09

Is nobody interested in my recent post!!!! 

User
Posted 11 Aug 2021 at 13:18
I think it is just that we only have perhaps 2 or 3 active members who have had an AUS and they haven't logged in since you posted?
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 12 Aug 2021 at 13:29
Sorry, haven't been on the message board for a while. After the implant, yes, it was a bit painful but activation by comparison was a breeze. For my AUS diary, see : https://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t11152-Artificial-Sphincter--AUS----Diary-of-experiences (NB you may have to copy the link and paste it into your browser address field.). Any issues or worries, please feel free to send me a personal message.
Tony
TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.