I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

First trip out toilets closed !

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 18:29

Hi . We had our first day trip out today. Hubby is 6 weeks post robotic prostate removal and I think he’s doing well . Managing on 2 day time tena super pads and one at night. Doing his pelvic floor exercises daily.

We went to the beach today  and the men’s toilet was closed so he had to queue to use parent and toddler one. Not ideal. I read somewhere we could get a key for disabled toilets.

I’ve tried the age concern website but it won’t let me proceed with the order. Any where else I could get one please ?

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 19:14

Hi,

You should be able to buy them (radar keys) online reasonably cheaply, some are listed on ebay. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by member 18 Aug 2021 at 19:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 19:21

I think I used this website.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/shop/official-and-only-genuine-radar-key

There seem to be plenty of places you can get them. 

BTW glad you had a day out. Even if it wasn't perfect. 

Dave

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 19:58

I don't know about getting a key but I got a toilet card from the publications section of this site and one from macmillan. Just Google it.
It's come in handy a few times especially during covid when some establishments closed the loos to the public.

Cheers
Bill

User
Posted 19 Aug 2021 at 01:40
Just look for ‘Radar Key’ on eBay. About five quid for three keys to disabled toilets.

Cheers, John.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 19:14

Hi,

You should be able to buy them (radar keys) online reasonably cheaply, some are listed on ebay. 

Hope this helps. 

Edited by member 18 Aug 2021 at 19:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 19:21

I think I used this website.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/shop/official-and-only-genuine-radar-key

There seem to be plenty of places you can get them. 

BTW glad you had a day out. Even if it wasn't perfect. 

Dave

User
Posted 18 Aug 2021 at 19:58

I don't know about getting a key but I got a toilet card from the publications section of this site and one from macmillan. Just Google it.
It's come in handy a few times especially during covid when some establishments closed the loos to the public.

Cheers
Bill

User
Posted 19 Aug 2021 at 01:40
Just look for ‘Radar Key’ on eBay. About five quid for three keys to disabled toilets.

Cheers, John.