I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Testosterone deficit

User
Posted 15 Sep 2021 at 18:16

Having just about completed my HT injections I am faced with the continuing issues of low testosterone levels for a while.  Low T levels allows high levels of oestrogen and other side effects to disrupt my body.   Has anyone had any experience in trying to get T back to normal levels please?

User
Posted 15 Sep 2021 at 18:29

My testosterone remained low for quite some time after finishing HT at 6 months it was 1.5 nomal range is about 10 to 30. At nine months I noticed I was getting erections and at my next testosterone test it was 17.6 so back in the normal range. So for me the recovery of testosterone was very slow and then a sudden rise. Doctors are worried about giving prostate cancer patients testosterone replacement therapy so you will find it a challenge getting it if you need it. I think I would suggest wait at least one year after your last HT injection and then if no improvement start trying to get testosterone replacement therapy.

Dave

User
Posted 15 Sep 2021 at 19:18

Thanks Dave.  Good to hear you’re getting back to normal.

User
Posted 15 Sep 2021 at 19:20

Sorry but I forgot to ask how you manage to measure your T levels?

User
Posted 15 Sep 2021 at 19:26

I asked the GP nurse to do it at the same time as the psa test. She said,has it been requested by the hospital? I mumbled something which took as a yes, so it was done. I believe you can have test privately at a cost of about £30 if you can't get gp to do it. 

Dave