Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

34yo and awaiting results...

User
Posted 19 Oct 2021 at 16:34

Hi all,

I had initially gone to my GP after experiencing some dull pain around prostate area, frequent (night) urination with some blood in urine and also in my semen. I've since had my PSA level results which were 19.7. This being unusual for someone my age at 34 I was referred for a TRUS biopsy procedure which I had yesterday. I now need to wait 6 weeks to get an MRI scan as well.

I was just wondering if anyone else in their 30s experienced the same and how their testing and results panned out. 

Regards

K

User
Posted 19 Oct 2021 at 17:48
Unusual these days for a hospital to be doing MRI after biopsy - you might want to look at the PCUK interactive map to see if you have been unlucky enough to fall into the care of a hospital that is not working to the expected PROMIS standards.

It is exceptionally rare for a man in his 30s to be diagnosed with prostate cancer, but it is not impossible. Blood in the semen & urine coupled with aching in the area & the high PSA suggests that this is more likely to be prostatitis than prostate cancer, but it is right that the doctors do thorough tests.
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 19 Oct 2021 at 18:11

Thanks for the reply.

Yes it appears the hospital made a mistake, I went for MRI today as it happened and they realised I had to have it done prior to the biopsies so I now need to wait 6 weeks for another MRI to allow healing. I'll see what the biopsy results come back on Nov 2nd.

Regards

K