I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

are weight gainers any good

User
Posted 27 Oct 2021 at 11:49

hi,just thought i would ask if anyone had any experience with weight gainers,i have been diagnosed with anjina because of no testosterone,i have to increase cardio to help keep my heart stronger,but i have started to lose weight with 30mns of walking everyday,and i cant afford to lose weight as i am underweight now.any help please.

User
Posted 27 Oct 2021 at 12:48

Ask for a referral to dietitian for advice on nutrient rich foods.

User
Posted 27 Oct 2021 at 21:56

I don't know what a "weight gainer" is but Andy62 observed that while on these testosterone killing drugs it's possible to gain fat and lose muscle simultaneously.

I've been trying protein powder supplements and I think they've got great promise:

Zoladex, diet and exercie

A good diet with generous amounts of meat, fish [particularly important for various reasons], fruit and veg is always essential but in our situation it seems that carbs and sugars go straight to making fat, so strategically raising protein helps with muscle while not increasing fat.

As an example, I'm about to have breakfast and where it used to be ...

A couple of wheetbix plus a lot of fresh fruit with yoghurt and maybe a piece of toast

it's now ...

Either a couple of eggs or a shake consisting of soy 1/3 each soy milk, water and milk mixed with one scoop of protein powder. After that I have my fruit.

I'm using the protein powder supplement twice a day before breakfast and dinner and I'm feeling much better both physically and mentally.

This might not work for everyone but it's probably worth a try.

Edited by member 27 Oct 2021 at 23:51  | Reason: Not specified