I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Symptom worry

User
Posted 15 Dec 2021 at 16:35

For last week I have had discomfort in bladder and genital area coupled with constant urge to urinate, even though empty.    I have had this issue on and off for years but it comes and goes. I visited doc several years ago he checked my prostate and PSA and said it was a form of urge incontinence so I lived with it . However this has kept me awake last night ,  it has never woken me up before. I'm also getting ache in left hip joint I'm obviously concerned about prostate. I have contacted doc and have appt on Friday my mind is going overtime anyone had issues like this that were benign? Thanks

Edited by member 15 Dec 2021 at 16:52  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 15 Dec 2021 at 20:22

These are classic symptoms of a urinary tract infection / kidney infection / water infection or prostatitis. Prostate cancer tens not to cause bladder discomfort.

You might have prostate cancer as well - about 50% of men in their 50s do have some prostate cancer although most will never realise. Starting point is for the GP to arrange for a PSA test, have a feel of your prostate and get your urine tested. 

Edited by member 15 Dec 2021 at 20:25  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 15 Dec 2021 at 20:36

Thank you for reply much appreciated